Photography Competition – Closed
€100 First Prize * €50 Second Prize * €50 Third Prize
Sponsored by Renobuild
Competition deadline has been extended to December 7th 2017
This photography competition is the first in the series of projects which explore Ferns and what makes it unique – we would like you to capture the essence of what Ferns means to you. If you were to describe Ferns to an alien, what picture would best describe Ferns for you? You may choose to photograph an individual character, a group of people, an aspect of our built heritage or something quirky which, for you, reflects the Ferns that you know.
See below for Terms & Conditions
Download Photography Competition Application Form
You can send the information required in the application form in two ways:
Option 1: Download the form above, fill it in, take a picture and email it with your competition entry to [email protected] or send it by Messenger on the Ferns Village Facebook page.
Option 2: Email the information required in the application form with your competition entry to [email protected] or send it by Messenger on the Ferns Village Facebook page.
Terms and Conditions
• All entrants under 16 years of age must provide the consent of a parent or guardian which should accompany entries.
• The names and contact details of entrants will be used solely for the distribution of prizes and for the promotion of this national photography competition.
• You may submit up to 3 entries per person.
• Entries must be submitted electronically by email in jpeg or tiff format, files not less than 1Mb.
• The following information must accompany each entry: entrant’s name, address, contact phone number, email address, age (if under 16), caption (optional), an explanatory paragraph maximum 50 words giving details of when and where the photograph was taken.
• Photographs may be digitally enhanced in post-production. However images that have been substantially altered or composite images will not be accepted. The judges reserve the right to request sight of the original image file.
• Photographers have complete copyright over their works. On submission of photographs as part of this competition, the photographers consent to providing a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free license to Ferns Heritage Project Group to use the photographs for promotional purposes.
* You accept that we may exercise editorial control over the photograph and may decide not to allow publication at our absolute discretion.
• The winners’ names and photographs may be used in promotional activities for the photography competition.
• Prizes are non-transferable and will only be awarded to the prizewinners.
• No entries will be returned and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the judging of the competition.
• The Ferns Heritage Project Group reserves the right to amend the competition rules prior to the closing date, after posting notice on the Ferns Village website.
• The Ferns Heritage Project Group does not accept any liability for any printing errors, non-received, delayed, lost, damaged or stolen entries or for the cancellation or postponement of this competition.
• The closing date for entries is 31st August at 3pm.
• The winners will be announced before September 8th.
• Entries can be emailed to [email protected].
• The judges’ decisions are final.
• By entering the competition, participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Go back to photography competition page
Thank you for entering the competition. The Best of Luck!