The Table Quiz was a great success with a capacity attendance and a great atmosphere.
Winners on the night were The Dell Boys: Joan O’Toole, Pat Kinsella, Pat O’Toole and Lar O’Toole. Runners Up were Tequilla Mockingbird: Aideen Bates, Rom Bates, Mathieu Bates and Stephen McGuinness.
Huge thanks to those who attended and took part so enthusiastically, thanks also to the Quiz Master Paul Doyle and all those who helped on the night. A lot of work goes in to organising such an event, on the night and for weeks beforehand – thanks to the dedicated team for all their hard work.
A special mention to our sponsors and those who donated to the raffle (listed below) – all local businesses. In return, lets show our appreciation by supporting local business.
Representing the winning team at the 2023 Christmas Lights Table Quiz in The Thatch was Joan O’Toole of The Dell Boys. She is pictured receiving the winners prize from Teresa Bailey, Chair, Ferns Community Development Association and Paul Doyle, Quiz Master.
The Dell Boys generously donated their winnings to the Christmas Lights fund.
The Runners Up on the night were Tequilla Mockingbird – represented here by Aideen Bates receiving their prize from Teresa Bailey, Chair, Ferns Community Development Association and Paul Doyle, Quiz Master.
Tequila Mockingbird also kindly donated their winnings to the Christmas Lights fund.
- 1. Larry Cash Voucher – value €100 Donated by The Courtyard
- 2. Stacia Bennett Voucher – value €100 Donated by Centra Supermarket
- 3. Ben Bernie Voucher – value €100 Donated by Daybreak Supermarket
- 4. John Lancaster Voucher – value €100 Donated by Saints Colour Specialists & Beauty
- 5. Sean Byrne Hamper Donated by The Discount Centre
- 6. Martina Donnelly Craft Gift Hamper – value €60 Donated by Ferns Art Group
- 7. Noreen Byrne Voucher – Dancing Lessons Donated by Slaneyside School of Dancing
- 8. T. Thompson Fuel voucher – value €50 Donated by Applegreen
- 9. Trish O’Brien Fuel Voucher – value €50 Donated by Kenny Fuels
- 10. Wayne O’Leary Voucher – value €30 Donated by Wok Inn
- 11. Doreen Moran Jacket, hat & Mug Donated by Irish Country Meats
- 12. Doreen Moran Bottle of whiskey Donated anonymously
- 13. Ben Bernie Bottle of wine Donated by Fr. Cushen
- 14. Ferns Mens Shed 2 packs of Pringles Donated anonymously
- 15. Anne Bernie Voucher Donated by Lady Fair
- 16. Jamie McLoughlin Voucher Donated by Ferns Barbers
- 17. Patricia Bolger Voucher Donated by Nancy’s Salon E, Aldercourt
Annual Christmas Table Quiz 2023
Annual Christmas Lights Table Quiz on Friday, December 1st in The Thatch lounge at 9pm.
Help light Ferns up this Christmas by supporting our annual table quiz – all funds raised go towards maintenance, erection. taking down of Christmas lights and purchase of Christmas trees. Cost of team table: €40.
You can book your table for 4 online: www.gr8events.ie/fernschristmaslightstablequiz at a cost of €43 (includes entry to raffle)
This annual fundraiser is a great way to get together at a community event while supporting a much appreciated resource – our Christmas lights, bringing warmth and cheer to our community and visitors.
List of Sponsors:
- Alan Tighe Tyres
- Ballyduff Development Group
- Ben Bernie
- Bolgers Hardware
- Bui Hair Salon
- Cairde Beaga
- Castle Manor Residents Association
- Davis Financial
- Davitt Cleaners
- Denby Engineering
- Dwyer Cleaners
- Dwyer’s Garage
- Ennis Martin Architecture
- Ferns Pharmacy
- Ferns Soccer Club
- First Steps Ferns Childcare
- Frydays Diner
- John Bolger Agriculture
- Irish Country Meats
- Kavanagh Funeral Home
- L&M Motors
- Murphy Bros
- Pat Nolan TV Aerials
- Power Bros
- P&M Kitchens
- Rainbow Education
- Rico’s Pizzeria & Takeaway
- The Old Deanery
- Tom Morrissey, Electrician
- Tommy Roche Buses
- Unique Escape
- Warren & Moulds
List of Raffle Prizes:
Raffle Prizes. Raffle tickets will be sold in advance – we would appreciate if you could support by purchasing tickets. Tickets range from €5 (3 strips) to €10 (6 strips). Ticket sellers who are members of Ferns Community Development Association will be selling tickets in-person. If you would like to purchase raffle tickets online, they are available from this link.
Thanks to those who donated raffle prizes for this year’s draw – some lovely prizes and all much appreciated.
- Voucher donated by Centra Supermarket, Ferns – value €100
- Voucher donated by Daybreak – value €100
- Voucher donated by Saints Colour Specialist & Beauty – value €100
- Voucher donated by the The Courtyard – value €100
- Voucher for dance classes donated by Slaneyside School of Dancing
- Fuel Voucher donated by Applegreen – value €50
- Fuel Voucher donated by Kenny Fuels – value €50
- Craft Gift Hamper donated by the Ferns Art Group – value €50
- Voucher donated by Nancy’s Salon E, Aldercourt
- Voucher donated by Lady Fair
- Voucher donated by The Wok Inn – value €30
- Irish Country Meats items (Jacket, hat, mug)
- Hamper donated by The Discount Centre
- Bottle of whiskey – donated anonymously
Thanks also to those who anonymously donated spot prizes to be given out on the night.
Enquiries to: [email protected]