St Peter’s Church
Until recently this church was thought to have been built circa the 16th century. However, it is now thought to date from the time of Murchadh O’Lynum circa 1055. The remains of this church are located at the Northern entrance to Ferns, adjacent to St. Mogue’s Well. The Romanesque window in the south wall and the two Gothic lancets in the east wall indicate an earlier date but is now thought that these were “recycled”. It is believed they were taken from the medieval church at nearby Clone or St Mary’s Abbey.