You are here : Home > Ferns Community > Ferns Development Association > Ferns Development Association Sub Committees
Ferns Development Association Sub Committees
Ferns Tidy Towns– a very active group whose focus is on presenting the village at its best while also promoting an awareness and appreciation of our environment and promoting community involvement in, and appreciation of, our wonderful village. Visit Ferns Tidy Towns for more information.
Ferns Christmas Lights GroupThe Christmas Lights group was set up in 2009. This group takes responsibility for putting up and maintaining Christmas lights in Ferns. Apart from putting in trojan work in horrendous weather conditions last December, this group raised funds which will go towards maintaining and purchasing new feature lights.
Ferns Community AlertFerns Community Alert was established in 1997, to provide support and visitation for the elderly and isolated living in our community. This support is twofold:
(A) Keeping an eye on your neighbour and ensuring they are alright, especially in bad weather, e.g. frost, snow, and heavy rains.
- Watching for unusual activity or strangers hanging around and reporting to the Gardaí.
- Calling on your neighbour and spending a while talking with them.
- Encouraging and helping them to take part in community activities. This might mean proving transport to get there.
- Socially monitored alarm systems, which are monitored 24hrs a day.
- Window locks, door locks, and door chains.
- External security lighting.
- Smoke Alarms.
For details to access grants through Ferns Community Alert contact: