Ferns Gathering Weekend Events 2013
A chance to celebrate Ferns heritage and community on June 7th – 9th
Download printable Calendar of Events.pdf
- Parade Launch with Bui Bolg
- Schools Reunion in The Courtyard
- 1798 Bus Tour of nearby 1798 Rebellion locations.
- Genealogy Workshops & Lectures with Eneclann
- Lecture by Dr. Stephen Harrison on ‘Wexford - The Tapestry of Anglo Norman Invasion’ in St. Mogues Cottage.
- Irish National Heritage Park Workshop. Guides demonstrate brass rubbings and shield making for children
- Medieval Fair in the grounds of Ferns Castle
- Banquet in the grounds of Ferns Castle
- Gathering Service in St. Edan’s Cathedral
- Patron & Field Day
Ferns Village Fringe EventsOver the weekend there will be a variety of events to cater for all the family and add to the festive atmosphere. Click here for full details.
- Guided walking tours of Ferns Heritage Trail by local volunteers. Saturday tours: 10am; 12noon; 2pm & 4pm and Sunday 10am & 2pm.
- Stitch with Ferns Tapestry
- Tours of St. Edan’s & Chapter room, Saturday & Sunday afternoons
- GAA & Camogie Events.
- Strolling Musicians
- Medieval costumes
- Plein Eire outdoor artists
- Display of building materials used in medieval times
- Music in local pubs
- Jesters & Town Cryer
For more information on the Ferns Gathering Events 2013 contact us directly